EV3 Questões Gerais
What does EV3 stand for?
What is an Intelligent EV3 Brick?
What comes in the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Set?
- A sturdy storage box and sorting tray for easy classroom management
- Building instructions
- Rechargeable battery
- Ball wheel
- Connecter cables
- USB cable
- LEGO Technic Elements: 541 pieces
- Three motors and five sensors
- One EV3 Brick
- Two Large Motors
- One Medium Motor
- Two Touch Sensors
- One Color Sensor
- One Ultrasonic Sensor
- One Gyro Sensor
Will all the model builds be available as PDFs?
Where will teachers find the BI for Expansion Set models?
EV3 Software: Questões Gerais
What new EV3 Software updates have been made?
- New full screen Lobby to navigate through the content provided by LEGO Education, third parties, and, making sure the teaching objective is in focus.
> Content Editor
- Content is editable directly inside the environment, enabling customization of existing projects or creation of new ones from scratch.
- The Content Editor provides a digital workbook for students, where they can capture their work by inserting text, images, videos, and sound, creating their own digital workbook.
> Tighter integration between the EV3 Brick and the programming environment
- The hardware page enables monitoring of the status and values measured by all the hardware elements.
- Hardware elements are automatically recognized thanks to Auto ID.
- Bluetooth configuration is facilitated by the USB-to-Bluetooth features.
> Debugging features are now part of the programming environment
- Execution highlight
- Programming blocks will display a warning symbol if expected hardware by the programming block is different from the detected hardware by Auto ID.
- Probes enable seeing the values go through the data wires.
> New programming blocks’ possibilities
- Simple strip programming by snapping blocks together (no need to use the beam anymore).
- Block parameters are configured directly on blocks.
- Read the program sequence directly on blocks.
- Improved sequence wires facilitate showing the structure of the program and create parallel execution.
- “Wait for change” has been added to easily create robots that behave according to change in the environment, as opposed to waiting for the threshold, which only works by comparing measured values.
- Data wires are improved and data casting has been added to simplify data type conversion.
- Arrays integrated in the standard blocks.
- Loop Interruption is now possible, enabling the creation of advanced state control mechanisms.
- Oscilloscope Mode enables live monitoring of the sensors to prepare experiments and validate setup.
- Dataset calculation is integrated, enabling analysis of the data coming from the sensors.
- Graph programming added; this feature enables users to create zones in the graph that will make the robot react in the physical world based on the data in the graph.
In what languages is the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software available?
Can you use EV3 Software on both a Macintosh and PC?
How do I update the EV3 Software?
EV3 Software: Programming Questions
Q: What programming platforms can you use with LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Bricks?
Q: Is there EV3 Brick Programming?
Q: Can I program retail MINDSTORMS Hardware with my LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software and vice versa?
Q: Will there be tools to create my own Software Programming Blocks for LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software?
Q: Can I program the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick using NXT Software?
Q: What is the longest length of the program for onboard programming?
Q: Will there be a pdf which shows how to program both on brick and computer?
Q: Is there a print function for the programming?
Q: Can one take a screenshot of the whole program?
EV3 Software: Datalogging Questions
Q: What is new about Datalogging?
- Live Datalogging via the USB cable (view Live Graphs)
- Remote live Datalogging via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi (view Live Graphs)
- Autonomous Datalogging: Log data on the EV3 Brick and upload to the EV3 Software.
- EV3 Brick Programming Datalogging: Set up and execute Datalogging directly on the EV3 Brick.
- Oscilloscope Mode: View sensor data as soon as connected.
- Prediction Tool: Draw or make predictions.
- Inverse proportionality
- Basic analysis tools: Point Analysis
- Advanced analysis tools: Section Analysis
- Standard deviation
- Curve fit
- Easily export data to spreadsheets
> Dataset calculation
- Unique calculator interface that allows you to make calculations to datasets
- Type in formulas
- From Rotational counts via Speed to Acceleration
> Graph Programming
- Unique new LEGO Education feature
- Execute actions based on data readings
- Set thresholds for experiments to play sound or start motors when threshold is reached
Q: The onboard Datalogging program: Can this be autoscaled?
EV3 Software: Robot Educator Questions
Q: What is Robot Educator?
Q: Are the Robot Educator activities EV3 Software-specific?
Q: Is there any added audio/text support with Robot Educator?
Q: Can I use the new Robot Educator learning tool for NXT?
Q: Is LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 backward-compatible to NXT Hardware?
EV3 Software: Content Editor Questions
Q: What is the Content Editor in the EV3 Software? How does it help educators?
The Content Editor provides a digital workbook for students where they can capture their work by inserting text, images, videos, and sound, creating their own digital workbook.
The workbook can easily be used for sharing and communication of end results, and, among other things, make assessment easier.
Q: Will content editor support .MOV and .AVI files?
- Picture: JPG, PNG
- Video: MP4, ASF, WMV, MOV
- Sound: MP3, WMA
Q: Can the content in the Content Editor be printed?
Q: Can you type in Chinese in the Content Editor?
Q: In the Content Editor, can you include movies? And also share files?
Q: Is there a mechanism for resizing pictures?
EV3 Hardware: Sensor Questions
Q: What LEGO sensors are available for LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3?
Two Touch Sensors, One Color Sensor, One Ultrasonic Sensor, and One Gyro Sensor.
There are also the following sensors available:
IR Seeker, IR Beacon, Temperature Sensor, and Renewable Energy Set as well as third-party sensors, like HiTechnic, Vernier, and DCP.
Q: Why is there no longer a Sound Sensor?
Q: Will LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Sensors work with the NXT Brick?
Q: Will a new cable connection be required?
Q: How do the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Sensors compare with the NXT Sensors?
For detailed information on the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Sensors, see the Product Sheets.
Q: Can LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Sensors be used together with NXT Sensors?
Q: Can NXT Sensors be used with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick?
Q: Can you use WeDo Sensors with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick?
EV3 Hardware: Motor Questions
Q: Which motors are included in the Core Set?
One Medium Motor
Q: How do the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Motors compare with the NXT Motors?
The Medium Motor is a completely new motor, providing new possibilities.
For detailed information on the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Motors see the Product Sheets.
Q: Are the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Motors interchangeable with the NXT Motors?
Q: Can LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 and NXT motors be used together?
Q: Can you use the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Motors with the NXT Brick?
Q: Can you use power-function motors with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick?
Q: What does “daisy-chain” mean?
Q: What does a daisy chain require?
Q: How many LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Bricks can I daisy-chain?
Q: Are daisy chains supported between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth?
EV3 Hardware: Intelligent Brick Questions
Q: How is the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick different from the NXT?
For detailed information on the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick, see the Product Sheet.
Q: Will the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick and NXT Brick use the same firmware?
EV3 Hardware: Battery Questions
Q: What are the charge times and conditions for the rechargeable battery?
Q: Can you exchange the batteries between the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick and the NXT Brick?
Q: What are my battery options? AA vs. lithium vs. rechargeables
Q: Will there be an upgrade/conversion kit from NXT to LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3?
However, if you want the full benefit of the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 solution, you will need to transition to EV3 Bricks.
EV3 Bluetooth Questions
Q: What can Bluetooth in the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick be used for?
Q: Why use a USB cable to connect the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick to the computer when there is Bluetooth communication?
Q: Can LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Bricks be daisy-chained through Bluetooth?
Q: What is the difference between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth?
Q: What does “made for iPod, iPhone and iPad” mean?
EV3 Wi-Fi Questions
Q: What can Wi-Fi with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick be used for?
Q: Why use a USB cable to connect the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick to the computer when there is Wi-Fi communication?
Q: Can LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Bricks be daisy-chained through Wi-Fi?
Q: Is a router needed?
Q: Is Wi-Fi better than Bluetooth?
EV3 Compatibility Questions
Q: Can you use NXT parts with the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3?
Q: Can I connect my NXT Brick to the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Brick?
Q: Can I reuse the rechargeable battery and charger?
Q: Can I program the NXT Brick using LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software?